Friday, October 3, 2008

VP Debate

Did you watch it? What did you think?

We made it a family night with Sarah. Since we are politically active, she knows who we support and why. But we've always made it clear that she is free to have her own opinion and support who she feels is the best candidate. She definitely went into the debate with a bias, since Sarah Palin shares a name with her. But by the middle of it, she was asking, why doesn't she answer what they ask instead of talking about something else, it's like she doesn't want to answer any questions.

BINGO!! Such a smart little girl already. I'm so proud of her for being able to see what many adults didn't see last night. She came to her own conclusions and truthfully, got tired of it and started playing legos by the middle.

I felt that Biden was sincere, passionate and did very well. I'm disappointed in some of the "mis truths" that he used, I've checked the fact checkers websites and found quite a few. However, I do feel that that is unavoidable, being up there, on the spot pulling facts out of your ass.

Palin did better than I thought she would, since I based my expectations on her last interview. She seemed together, well schooled in her phrases. Her "mis truths" were a bit more blatant, but all in all, not a bad job. She has really done her homework in the past few weeks. It's unfortunate that everyone was just hoping she didn't screw up instead of hoping for a real concise view of this candidate.
And if she would stop playing the damn "folksy" card, I'd take her much more seriously.

Here are some of my fave non partisan fact checking website that I check every day.

Fact Check
Politifact

Polling sites
Zogby
Gallup

Totally partisan and funny if you want to see what the extremists think
Drudge Report
Daily Kos
Foxnews

No comments: